Privacy Notice - QCon
Last update: February 2019
Who we are
C4 Media, Inc is a global publisher (InfoQ.com) and events company (QCon). We strive to deliver services to our clients and partners using data protection and privacy by design practices. We promote responsible and purpose-driven data collection and use. We adhere and comply with the relevant data protection law globally. We provide transparent and accountable data protection process in all that we do.
What this notice covers
This privacy notice tells you what to expect when QCon collects, users and shares personal information. It explains how we use your personal data and your rights in relation to that data. This privacy notice covers our QCon sites ( QConferences.com, QCon New York, QCon London, QCon San Francisco, QCon.ai), our QCon mobile app, and activities at our conferences, operated by C4 Media, Inc.
Information QCon Collects
QCon collects information about you from a variety of sources, including:
- Information we collect from you directly;
- Information we collect about you when you call us, visit our sites, use our mobile applications or services, or view our online advertisements;
- Information we collect about you from other sources, such as social media, public and commercially available sources;
- Information shared with us by our business partners;
- Information we collect from you at our events using badge scanners, RFID and NFC for capturing your feedback on sessions attended.
All the information QCon collects about you may be combined to improve our communications with you and to develop world-class services.
Links to third party sites and social media
Uses & Information sharing our choices
QCon uses the information we collect for QCon business purposes such as:
- To provide the services you request;
- To tell you about C4 Media content, services and events from InfoQ and QCon as well as those offered by our carefully selected business partners;
- To manage our sites, apps and services;
- To identify bugs and improve the user experience of our mobile app
- We may share your personal information with sponsors where you have given consent;
- We will store and secure your data using AWS Cloud Servers, located in the US. AWS is committed to adhering to requirements under the GDPR and EU/ US Privacy Shield.
We may share your information:
- With our business clients for the provision of professional services such as data privacy consultancy, but only if the business client or we have obtained your consent; With our third-party service providers who perform QCon business operations on our behalf;
- As part of a sale of a QCon brand to another company;
- To protect and defend QCon (including enforcing our Terms and Conditions);
- When required by law and/or government authorities;
- You have the right not to provide personal information to QCon. This may mean QCon are not able to provide the services you requested, or tell you about other services offered by QCon. (read more)
- You can stop receiving promotional emails from QCon by following the instructions in those messages, or through this Privacy Notice.
- You have the right to withdraw your consent for the processing of your personal data by QCon, where consent was the basis of the processing
- You have the right to have your personal data erased (right to be forgotten), QCon will make every reasonable effort to remove any reference to your personal data if they have shared it with any 3rd party during their usual business processes.
- In some instances you have the right to have your personal data transferred to another company and QCon will make every reasonable effort to comply with your request.
- You have the right to raise any concerns to the processing or use of your personal data by QCon to an appropriate data protection authority.
- You have the right to review personal data QCon hold on you if this does not impact on other individual’s rights and freedoms (read more)
QCon is committed to working with clients and data protection authorities to resolve any privacy concern.
QCon complies with EU and global data protection laws.
You can contact QCon by writing to:
C4Media Inc. (QCon.com),
2275 Lake Shore Boulevard West,
Toronto, Ontario, Canada,
Or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
This privacy notice
This notice is reviewed by QCon on a regular basis and should be checked by individuals for the latest updates.